Viewer Comments: Eye Pain - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Eye Pain:

Eye Pain - Treatment

What was the treatment for your eye pain?

Comment from: Raspberry, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I have pain from cataracts and glaucoma. I use drops for ocular pressure and cannabis for inflammation and pain. The Drs. offered me nothing for pain. I have EDS, I have had encephalitis, hydrocephalus several head injuries and mama had German measles during her pregnancy with me. Severe head and hip injury from being thrown down the wooden stairs by some unknown adult. I was 11 months old. Sjogrens dry eyes and mouth, bone infections in my head and facial bones. Severe malfunctioning of tmj. ADHD, dyslexia and loss of cognition. Cerebellum inflammation and steroids worsened the condition.

Comment from: polo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

I get shooting pains behind my left eye every now and then. I went to my eye doctor and was told it was caused by dryness and to use tear drops. Pain is less frequent but I still get them. Think I'll get a second opinion.

Comment from: zug, Male Published: February 14

In the North Chicago suburbs where I live, don't have a medical problem like this on Friday night. You won't be able to see an ophthalmologist on Saturday or Sunday unless you go ER. It just happened to me recently. I have eye pain and the GP that I saw today was afraid to (or did not know how to) prescribe even numbing drops to dull the pain. I'm trying to resist going ER which will cost like a grand (although I'm insured), just to end up with numbing drops so I can sleep.

Comment from: Tracie1128, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 06

Sinus problems are a common cause of pain behind the eye. To decrease the pressure take an otc allergy medication such as Benadryl and a ibuprofen. If pain gets worse seek medical attn could be something more serious.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Must Read Articles Related to Eye Pain

Corneal Abrasion
Corneal Abrasion A corneal abrasion is a painful scrape or scratch of the surface of the clear part of the eye. This clear tissue of the eye is known as the cornea.learn more >>
Corneal Flash Burns
Corneal Flash Burns Eyes, particularly the cornea (the clear window of tissue on the front of the eyeball), can be damaged easily by exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun ...learn more >>
Dry Eye Syndrome
Dry Eye Syndrome To help keep your eyes comfortable and your vision optimal, a normal, thin film of tears coats your eyes. Three main layers make up this tear film. The in...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Eye Pain:

Eye Pain - Causes

What caused your eye pain?