Facial Fracture (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Facial Fracture Prognosis
Jaw (mandibular) fracture: Prognosis is usually good.
Midface (maxillary) fracture
Cheekbone (zygomatic) fracture: As an isolated injury, this usually presents a cosmetic problem only.
Temporomandibular joint dislocation: Be careful not to open the mouth widely after the jaw is put back into place, because of the risk of another dislocation of the joint.
Medically reviewed by Aimee V. HachigianGould, MD; American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/2/2014
Denise S Lawe, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Facial Fracture
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu