Viewer Comments: Fainting - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fainting:

Fainting - Causes

What was the cause of your fainting?

Comment from: TJ, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I fainted from low blood potassium.

Comment from: nicki, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

After showering and getting dressed this morning, I apparently fell, hit my chin on the sink counter then landed on the floor. I remembered seeing the clock say 6:05 Am and then not again until 6:45AM. I woke up not knowing anything, with blood under my head (my chin was cut open). I ended up at the dentist with 8 broken teeth, then to a doc for stitches in my chin. I will be going to my regular doctor tomorrow and I'll be back for many other dental appointments. This has never happened to me so I am anxious to know what might have caused it.

Comment from: sunny, 55-64 Female Published: April 01

I had severe stomach cramps. I laid down then I felt like I had to go to bathroom. I got up halfway to the bathroom and passed out. I finally woke up, though I didn't even know I fainted. My husband was there, and I had moved my bowels all over.

Comment from: lmark, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had just finished an hour long workout with my personal trainer when I fainted. It was not until the very end of the session (after doing sit ups) did I just feel light headed. Then I fainted, but regained consciousness within a few minutes.

Comment from: priscilla, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

Spent a couple of hours out in the sun and when I started to walk back to the car I began to feel lightheaded. Next thing I knew my husband was helping me into the car -- I had fainted and the really freaky thing was that I wet my pants when I fainted.

Comment from: max, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

Not really sure to be perfectly honest! I have MS and type 1 diabetes. I have been very tired lately but when this happened I felt fine. I was actually having a good day! Then my legs suddenly started to feel weak. I started getting weird pains up my back, told my daughter I felt like I was going to pass out. I went and sat down but by then my ears were ringing so badly I couldn't hear anything but a hum. My heart was racing, I broke into a sweat, and I mean instantly soaked! I managed to calm my breathing down a bit and then felt nauseous. Got up to go puke and next thing I remember is being on the sidewalk, looking up at my daughter going "are you ok Mom?" After I got myself back to feeling somewhat ok and got home, my legs from my hips to the top of my feet felt like they had Charlie-horses. Chest still felt weird. Next day, legs are a bit better but still felt ...off! Doctor appointment on the 5th, see what she says but any ideas in the mean time....I am happy to hear them!!!

Must Read Articles Related to Fainting

Anxiety
Anxiety Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension, fear, or worry. Some fears and worries are justified, such as worry about a loved one. Anxiety may occur without a cause, ...learn more >>
Epilepsy
Epilepsy Epilepsy is a condition in which a person has recurrent seizures. A seizure is defined as an abnormal, disorderly discharging of the brain's nerve cells, result...learn more >>
Hyperventilation
Hyperventilation Hyperventilation syndrome is a condition where a person hyperventilates for an unknown cause. Symptoms of hyperventilation syndrome include bloating, burping, p...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fainting:

Fainting - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with fainting.