Viewer Comments: Fainting - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fainting:

Fainting - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with fainting.

Comment from: helen, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

I received an injection to my eye from my doctor. I felt no pain from this. After about 10 minutes, my eye bled a little and I started to feel weak and passed out. I have fainted many times in my life usually from the sight of blood although I try to fight it.

Comment from: Helenna, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 12

While sleeping, and changing positions, I will experience vertigo. It soon passes, but happens quite frequently. Once, having to get up, during the night, dizziness was quite extreme. I took one step, and immediately blacked out, and collapsed on floor. This was not long in duration and I soon became conscious, however the condition exists. After sitting up, I must wait for the dizziness (vertigo)to pass before taking a step, for fear of collapsing again.

Comment from: 65-74 Female Published: January 19

I've had two episodes of fainting. Once in the summer, and once last night around 2:30AM. It happens once I get out of bed, either walking or standing. Last night I was taking my dogs outside, my ears had the wave sounds and I had to lie on the grass to keep from falling. I managed to get into the house and then I just lay on the floor. I had been packing up stuff to move, up and down stairs, and my legs had bad cramps so I had put heat on my legs before all this happened. The time before I had sonograms on the carotid veins and my heart, nothing was found.

Comment from: rchambo, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 21

The last thing I remember I was sitting at my computer playing a card game. I started to have a strange dream, almost like I was high on drugs (pleasant and without any pain). My wife came in the room and found me out cold with my head on the computer key board. As soon as she woke me I felt fine.

Must Read Articles Related to Fainting

Anxiety
Anxiety Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension, fear, or worry. Some fears and worries are justified, such as worry about a loved one. Anxiety may occur without a cause, ...learn more >>
Epilepsy
Epilepsy Epilepsy is a condition in which a person has recurrent seizures. A seizure is defined as an abnormal, disorderly discharging of the brain's nerve cells, result...learn more >>
Hyperventilation
Hyperventilation Hyperventilation syndrome is a condition where a person hyperventilates for an unknown cause. Symptoms of hyperventilation syndrome include bloating, burping, p...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fainting:

Fainting - Causes

What was the cause of your fainting?