Family Medical Records (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Can't a Patient's Records Be Obtained From His or Her Family Doctor?
It is true that primary-care physicians or family physicians often have the most current and comprehensive health records for their patients. However, to rely solely on the family doctor to be available all of the time and be able to locate the records instantaneously is unrealistic for these reasons:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/5/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Family Medical Records
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication