IN THIS ARTICLE
Generally, the prognosis for fatigue is good, because many of the causes are relatively easy to treat. However, the prognosis decreases if the person has difficulty in complying with treatments or has underlying conditions (for example, advanced diabetes or COPD) that are severe and slowly progress.
Medically reviewed by Martin E Zipser, MD; American Board of Surgery
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 3/11/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Fatigue
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fatigue:
Fatigue - Causes
What was the cause of your fatigue?
Fatigue - Symptoms
What other symptoms have you experienced in addition to fatigue?
Fatigue - Treatment
What treatments have been effective in treating your fatigue?
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication