Ferritin Test Topic Guide
Ferritin Test: The ferritin blood test can detect elevated or low levels of ferritin in the body, which may indicate disease such as iron deficiency anemia, hemochromatosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and certain cancers. Ferritin is a protein in the body that is used to store iron.
Anemia Anemia can be caused by many conditions and diseases such as iron deficiency, poor diet and nutrition, cancers, bone marrow problems, and more. Symptoms of anemia depend upon the cause, and progression of the disease. Treatment depends again, upon the cause of anemia.
Medical Test Resources
- Myths and Facts About Constipation
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Your Common Drug Questions Answered
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair