Viewer Comments: Fever (in Adults) - Experience and Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fever (in Adults):

Fever (in Adults) - Experience and Symptoms

Please describe your experience with fever symptoms.

Comment from: Wayne62, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 11

I have recently been recovering from what was diagnosed as pneumonia, and yesterday noticed my fever had returned. Last night and today it was at 36.9 centigrade, and not moving up or down. Diarrhea is constant and greenish, very dark.

Comment from: Gods child, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I have been coughing, having body aches, my temperature is hot externally but I feel chills internally, have running stomach, dehydration, and loss of appetite for more than 5 days. I went to the doctors and they gave me paracetamol and antibiotics, but no improvement. I went to a different doctor and I still got the same medicine for this fever.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I have been having fever and pain since last two days and currently my mouth taste is virulent and I have pain all over my body. My body temperature is not so high and pulse rate is normal, but I feel blood pressure is low.

Comment from: JDub1371, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 22

My wife has been running a fever since July 2014. We have been to all sorts of specialists and no one can figure it out. It has taken a serious toll on our marriage and I am fed up with her feeling horrible all the time.

Comment from: Deann J., 75 or over (Caregiver) Published: May 27

My husband runs low grade fever, he gets lethargic, his moods change, and he will wet his clothes. He is 81 but no sign of Alzheimer's. He is diabetic.

Comment from: Margaret, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

My friend had to go to the emergency room (ER) due high fever and the ER nurse requested adult rectal temperature taken by nurse. She stayed in the hospital due serious fever. Two day later she was discharged from the hospital.

Comment from: shulse, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I have nightly fevers of 100+ every night.