Fever in Children (cont.)
Prevention of many illnesses that cause fever revolves around personal and household hygiene. Use these strategies to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing and coughing.
- Handle food with clean hands.
- Properly immunize your child (see the children's immunization schedule).
- Eat a healthy diet including fruits and vegetables.
- Get the proper amount of sleep.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/21/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Fever in Children
Fever in Adults
A fever is a body temperature of 100.4 F or greater. A fever may be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, blood clot, tumor, drug, or the environment. Treatment ...learn more >>
Skin Rashes in Children
Skin rashes in children may be categorized as bacterial, viral, life-threatening, fungal, and parasitic rashes. Oftentimes, the associated symptoms help establi...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fever in Children: