Viewer Comments: Fibromyalgia - Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fibromyalgia:

Fibromyalgia - Treatments

How was your fibromyalgia treated?

Comment from: grannynancy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

I was seen by various doctors over 10 year because of throbbing burning pain before I was properly diagnosed. I currently take 120 mg of Cymbalta but it seems my pain as getting worse. However even if my doctor increases my dosage, I could not afford to pay the price along with the other medicines I have to take. It is all terribly depressing.

Comment from: Jsucec, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

I have Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction for 19 yrs now and developed Fibromyalgia 15 years ago. My pain is exactly as everyone has described as well as disc pain in lumbar. My entire life has been turned upside down as all of yours. The most helpful things for me have been trigger point injections. Fibro causes many trigger points and are the root cause of the pain. While the injections are really painful, the relief is worth it. I have been doing these along with monthly massages which are a must to at least allow me some good days. Lydoderm patches also really help. I think Lyrica and Cymbalta only help a small population with Fibromyalgia. I hope this helps some of you. It's a terrible way to live.

Comment from: Homehanger, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

I have had a diagnosis of fibro for 6 years. I have experienced hard times in a very similar way. Although I still have very bad days I have more good days. I take Ambien CR for improving my sleep and decreasing nightmares and I awake clear headed and refreshed. My neck and back pain is relieved by laying flat on a heating pad with a pillow under my knees. I have gone to several sessions of physical therapy and the most success is with posture correcting exercises. I have also learned that my comfort comes first and those around me are second. I consider regular massage therapy a necessity and not just pampering. I've learned to have a glass half full optimistic attitude. No one should feel hopeless, there is help.

Comment from: julia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I have fibromyalgia; I'm in so much pain it even hurts to type. I take lyrica and vicodin but get no relief. I'm 44 years old but I feel 84. I can hardly get out of bed. I had knee surgery and I can't do much around my house. I hope I can return to work soon but I'm worried about my aches and pain all over my body. I feel sad and cry because I used to be so active, now I'm feeling glad if I can go grocery shopping and return in one hour with minimal pain.

Comment from: melody, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

Like most of the comments I to have pain all over my body and I agree that stress agitates it. My husband died just recently and the pain is so bad I can hardly function my neck shoulders back and breast/chest pain hands armpits, there is hardly any place that I don't hurt, pain killers don't even touch the pain and I am ready for giving up. Unless anyone can give me any tips.

Must Read Articles Related to Fibromyalgia

Chronic Pain
Chronic Pain Chronic pain is pain that persists for a period of six months or longer, and is the result of a long-standing medical condition(s) or damage to the body. Common...learn more >>
Hip Pain
Hip Pain There are many causes of hip pain such as arthritis, trauma, strains, sprains, and other conditions that cause referred hip pain. Hip pain can be sharp, sudden,...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Fibromyalgia:

Fibromyalgia - Symptoms

The symptoms of fibromyalgia can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?