Finger Injuries (cont.)
Finger Injuries Prevention
- Be careful of chain saws, snow blowers, and other high-powered equipment.
- Wear heavy leather gloves and do not wear rings or other jewelry when operating such equipment.
- Use and store kitchen knives carefully.
- Never reach blindly into a sink or drawer containing a knife.
- Be aware that many finger injuries occur during athletic events, especially ball games (such
as, basketball, baseball, football). Remove rings or other jewelry before participating
- If you enjoy participating in such activities, keep
some first aid items on hand for splinting a finger.
- The most common way you can be bitten on the hand is when trying to separate two fighting animals.
- Even your loyal dog can accidentally bite you during a fight.
- Stay out of the way.
- Do not approach or try to hand feed feral (animals).
Must Read Articles Related to Finger Injuries
A broken finger may have symptoms of sharp pain, limited motion, swelling, and bruising. Diagnosis of a broken finger is generally through X-rays. Treatment of ...learn more >>
Finger infections can be caused by a variety of bacteria and viruses. Types of finger infections include paronychia, felon, herpetic whitlow, cellulitis, infect...learn more >>
Mallet finger is an injury to the outermost joint of a finger. Causes of mallet finger include tendon damage, small, or large fractures. Symptoms of mallet fing...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Finger Injuries: