Dr. Charles "Pat" Davis, MD, PhD, is a board certified Emergency Medicine doctor who currently practices as a consultant and staff member for hospitals. He has a PhD in Microbiology (UT at Austin), and the MD (Univ. Texas Medical Branch, Galveston). He is a Clinical Professor (retired) in the Division of Emergency Medicine, UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, and has been the Chief of Emergency Medicine at UT Medical Branch and at UTHSCSA with over 250 publications.
Author: Ron Fuerst, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of South Carolina College of Medicine; Director, Children's Emergency Center, Children's Hospital of Richland Memorial Hospital.
4. Donner H. Wilderness Medical Society: What's in a good medical kit? 1996. Wilderness Medical Society: What's in a good medical kit? 1996.
5. Forgey WW, ed. Wilderness Medical Society Practice Guidelines for Wilderness Emergency Care. Globe Pequot Press; 1995.
6. International Society of Travel Medicine. The Newsletter of the International Society of Travel Medicine. 2001. The Newsletter of the International Society of Travel Medicine. 2001.
7. Slapper D. Wilderness and Travel Medicine. eMedicine Journal [serial online]. 2001. Wilderness and Travel Medicine. eMedicine Journal [serial online]. 2001.
8. Weiss EA, ed. A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness and Travel Medicine. 2nd ed. Adventure Medical Kits; 1998.
9. Wilderness Medicine Institute. Buck's Article Archive. Buck's Article Archive.
Previous contributing editors: James E Keany, MD, FACEP, Director of Emergency Medical Education, Department of Emergency Medicine, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and Children's Hospital at Miss; Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD, Senior Pharmacy Editor, eMedicine; James S Cohen, MD, Consulting Staff, James Cohen, PC.