Flatulence (Gas) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Flatulence (Gas) Medical Treatment
The goal of treatment of flatulence is to reduce gas and smelly odor. Medical intervention includes treatment with antibiotics if bacterial overgrowth of the GI tract is suspected or evidence of parasitic infection is seen.
Joseph Maslar, MD
Lance W Kreplick, MD, MMM
Must Read Articles Related to Flatulence (Gas)
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Flatulence (Gas):
Intestinal Gas - Effective Treatments
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your intestinal gas?
Flatulence (Gas) - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your flatulence (gas)?
Intestinal Gas Pain - Causes
What was the cause of your intestinal gas?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?