Flatulence (Gas) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Flatulence (Gas) Medical Treatment
The goal of treatment of flatulence is to reduce gas and smelly odor. Medical intervention includes treatment with antibiotics if bacterial overgrowth of the GI tract is suspected or evidence of parasitic infection is seen.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/7/2014
Joseph Maslar, MD
Lance W Kreplick, MD, MMM
Must Read Articles Related to Flatulence (Gas)
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Flatulence (Gas):
Flatulence (Gas) - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your flatulence (gas)?
Intestinal Gas - Effective Treatments
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your intestinal gas?
Intestinal Gas Pain - Causes
What was the cause of your intestinal gas?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu