Viewer Comments: Intestinal Gas Pain - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Flatulence (Gas):

Intestinal Gas Pain - Causes

What was the cause of your intestinal gas?

Comment from: Fancy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I get horrible gas when I drink coffee.

Comment from: Our Gal Sally, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I believe it was the sorbitol in the diet bars I've been eating that irritated me. Also I drink diet drinks to belch or bring up gas in me because I have gerd or acid reflux disease. I better bring this up with my doctor for my next visit and see what he says.

Related Reading: sorbitol

Must Read Articles Related to Flatulence (Gas)

Anatomy of the Digestive System
Anatomy of the Digestive System Digestion is the process in which food is broken into smaller pieces so the body can use them to build and nourish cells and provide energy. The digestive syste...learn more >>
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a chronic GI disorder of unknown cause. The most common symptoms of IBS include bloating, gas, abdominal pain and cramping, an...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Flatulence (Gas):

Intestinal Gas - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your intestinal gas?

Flatulence (Gas) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your flatulence (gas)?