Food Allergy (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
If a person experiences symptoms of food allergy, call a health care professional right away for advice.
The person should not attempt to drive to the hospital. If no one is available to drive the person immediately, call 9-1-1 for emergency medical transport. While waiting for the ambulance to arrive, start self-treatment.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/7/2012
Jatinder Singh, MD
Mark Clark, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Food Allergy
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Food Allergy:
Food Allergy - Symptoms and Signs
What are your food allergy symptoms and signs?
Food Allergy - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with food allergy.
Food Allergy - Treatment
What was the treatment for your food allergy?
- Allergic Rhinitis: Symptoms and Treatments
- Antihistamines vs. Decongestants
- Treating Severe Allergies
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?