Viewer Comments: Food Poisoning - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Food Poisoning:

Food Poisoning - Causes

What caused your case of food poisoning?

Comment from: Kimmy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I had shrimp friend rice from one of my favorite Chinese restaurant. Thirty minutes later I had nausea and vomited five times. I also had a glass of grape juice that tasted funny. I assumed it was the juice. Yesterday, I had more of the refrigerated shrimp fried rice and again vomited profusely. Now I know it was the shrimp friend rice that caused my food poisoning. I will never order that dish again!

Comment from: Vinay, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 06

I purchased buttermilk from a nearby shop at 17: 00 and my family which includes my wife and son ate it with salad. I (and my son) had nausea next morning with vomiting at 10:30 hours. We thought it will be cured with time but we had vomiting in the evening and night. It took almost 4 days to cure the food positioning with medications like IV treatment.

Comment from: adlesa, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 31

I made eggs that morning and apparently didn't cook them enough. Hours later, I had nausea. I eventually threw up, and did so every 30 minutes. It was horrible. I couldn't even hold water down.

Comment from: MjJ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

Yes I had pumpkin cheesecake, a chocolate ©clair, and then I had another dinner plate. You know how you go back for seconds. I have been on weight loss program and I am supposed to only take in 1200 calories per day.

Must Read Articles Related to Food Poisoning

E. coli  (Escherichia coli 0157:H7) Infection
E. coli: Escherichia coli 0157:H7, E. coli 0157:H7 Escherichia coli 0157:H7 (E. coli 0157:H7) infections are caused by bacterial. E. coli 0157:H7 is one of the most virulent strains and is passed from person to ...learn more >>
Giardiasis
Giardiasis Giardiasis is an infection of the small bowel caused by Giardia lamblia. It is the most common intestinal parasitic disease in the U.S. Causes of giardiasis inc...learn more >>
Listeria
Listeria monocytogenes Infection Listeriosis is a disease caused by the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes. Symptoms include:

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Food Poisoning:

Food Poisoning - Experience

Please describe your experience with food poisoning.

Food Poisoning - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with food poisoning?

Food Poisoning - Home Remedies

What home remedies were effective in treating symptoms of food poisoning?