Foreign Body, Nose Topic Guide
Foreign Body in the Nose: Foreign objects in the nose is a fairly common occurrence, especially with toddlers and small children. Common objects found in the nose are tissue paper, beads, toys, rocks, and food material. Complications of a foreign object in the nose include infection, choking, bleeding from the nose, and blockage of an airway. Medical care may be necessary if a person is unable to dislodge a foreign body from the nose.
Choking Choking is a blockage of the upper airway by food or other objects, preventing a person from breathing effectively. Choking can cause a simple coughing fit or complete blockage of ...
- Allergic Rhinitis: Symptoms and Treatments
- Antihistamines vs. Decongestants
- Treating Severe Allergies
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?