Foreign Body, Rectum (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Foreign Body in Rectum Symptoms
The majority of people with an object in their rectum may have no signs or symptoms. This can make the diagnosis very difficult, especially in children and in psychiatric patients.
In some cases, especially if there has been a delay in seeking medical attention, a complication may have occurred, which gives rise to symptoms. In this case, these are the symptoms most likely to be experienced by the patient:
Examination may be equally unrevealing. But if the patient has a complication such as peritonitis (inflammation of the abdominal wall) then he or she will have a very tender abdomen.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/17/2014
Martin J Carey, MD, MPH, BCh
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication