Foreign Body, Rectum (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
If you know you have a foreign body in your rectum, or think you do, seek medical help to remove it as soon as possible.
It is likely that most doctors will not have all the equipment in their offices that may be required to safely remove a rectal foreign body. A hospital's emergency department may be the best place to go.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/17/2014
Martin J Carey, MD, MPH, BCh
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication