Font Size

Foreign Body, Rectum (cont.)

When to Seek Medical Care

If you know you have a foreign body in your rectum, or think you do, seek medical help to remove it as soon as possible.

It is likely that most doctors will not have all the equipment in their offices that may be required to safely remove a rectal foreign body. A hospital's emergency department may be the best place to go.

Seek emergency medical help if you think you have a foreign object in your rectum and you have abdominal pain, bleeding, or fever.

Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/17/2014
Medical Author:

Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape

Foreign Body Removal, Rectum »

Anorectal foreign bodies are usually inserted transanally for sexual or medicinal purposes.

Read More on Medscape Reference »

Medical Dictionary