Foreign Body, Rectum (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Foreign Body in Rectum Follow-up
Return to the doctor's office or emergency department if the patient develop these complications:
There should be no limitations on general activity, unless the patient was sedated in order to remove the object. If so, the patient should not drive for 24 hours afterward. Further rectal insertions should be avoided for a few days to allow bruising and swelling to resolve.
Foreign Body in Rectum Prevention
If individuals engage in erotic play, use a vibrator or erotic toy designed for the purpose of insertion into the rectum. These items usually come with a flange to prevent them from slipping into the anus.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/17/2014
Martin J Carey, MD, MPH, BCh
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication