Foreign Travel Topic Guide
Foreign Travel: It is important to plan well in advance when traveling to a foreign country. Travelers should protect (and prepare) themselves from illness by obtaining the appropriate vaccinations and bringing along a traveler's medical kit that contains prescription medications, first aid supplies, sanitary napkins/tampons (for women), sunscreen, insect repellents, motion sickness medication, pain remedies, cold remedies, and foot care products, among other items.
Traveler's Diarrhea Causes of traveler's diarrhea include bacteria, viruses, and protazoa. Traveler's diarrhea is contagious with symptoms of loose or watery stools, abdominal cramping, bloating, nausea, vomiting, fever, headache, and blood stools. Treatment for traveler's diarrhea is generally with OTC medication.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?