Foreign Travel Topic Guide
Foreign Travel: It is important to plan well in advance when traveling to a foreign country. Travelers should protect (and prepare) themselves from illness by obtaining the appropriate vaccinations and bringing along a traveler's medical kit that contains prescription medications, first aid supplies, sanitary napkins/tampons (for women), sunscreen, insect repellents, motion sickness medication, pain remedies, cold remedies, and foot care products, among other items.
Malaria Malaria is a disease transmitted by the bite of an infected mosquito. Symptoms and signs include high fever, body aches, headache, nausea, weakness, and chills. Treatment may involve administering oral medications, fluids, and possible IV drug therapy.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu