Foreskin Problems (cont.)
Foreskin Problems Diagnosis
The doctor often starts the examination by getting a detailed history of the problem, especially if it has occurred previously, and male adults, a sexual history. Then the doctor will likely continue the examination as follows.
- In considering phimosis, the doctor may do at least two tests:
- A full genital examination
- A urinalysis to look for evidence of infection (if indicated)
- Paraphimosis can mimic other medical conditions so the doctor may find or inquire about the following:
- A constricting foreign body (usually a piece of hair wrapped around the penis, seen most often in infants); in adults it can occur with certain sexual practices.
- Insect bites
- Contact dermatitis
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/15/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Foreskin Problems
Circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin of the penis. The foreskin is a fold of skin that covers the end (the glans) of the penis. Circumcision of ...learn more >>