Viewer Comments: Gallstones - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gallstones:

Gallstones - Symptoms

For gallstones, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Comment from: MrMAS, 25-34 Male Published: December 31

My pain started about 9:30 on a Sunday night. My back started to ache, but I didn't think anything of it since I get back pains constantly. By 10:00pm I felt the pain around my rib cage. I thought that it would go away but by 11:00pm I had all that I could handle. My wife took me to the hospital. I had never been taken to the hospital for anything....5+ car accidents, being kicked by horses and stepped on by cattle. This was the worst pain I had ever felt. It just wouldn't go away. At the hospital they told me I had gallstones and needed surgery. After a couple of morphine doses the pain started to subside at 7:00 Monday morning. It is now Wednesday night and I can still feel soreness below my rib cage. I have an appointment with a surgeon on Monday.

Must Read Articles Related to Gallstones

Abdominal Pain (Adults)
Abdominal Pain in Adults Abdominal pain in adults can range from a mild stomach ache to severe pain. Examples of causes of abdominal pain in adults include appendicitis, gallbladder dis...learn more >>
Cirrhosis
Cirrhosis Cirrhosis is a chronic (ongoing, long-term) disease of the liver. It means damage to the normal liver tissue that keeps this important organ from working as it ...learn more >>
Pancreatitis
Pancreatitis Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas. There are two kinds of pancreatitis, acute and chronic. The primary causes of pancreatitis are alcohol and gallsto...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gallstones:

Gallstones - Causes

What was the cause of your gallstones?

Gallstones - Treatment

What was the treatment for your gallstones?