Viewer Comments: Gallstones - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gallstones:

Gallstones - Causes

What was the cause of your gallstones?

Comment from: Martha Sullivan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I had suffered greatly from gallstone formation. And I honestly think or at least in part had to do with birth control pills and hormonal. Once I changed my lifestyle and diet I felt a whole lot better. Of course I also treated the gallbladder. But people can really prevent things from happening by decreasing the harmful things they put in their body. At least that is my view.

Comment from: lisa, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 06

I went on a 500 calorie diet recently with no fat in my diet, 6 weeks later,and 30lbs lighter, I was having discomfort on my right side under my rib cage, lo and hold, the ultra sound showed gallstones! Surgery is in a few days, I look good, but I am not sure if it was worth it, would I do it again? No way!

Comment from: Joycebob49, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

It started out with kidney stones that they found because I had lots of bladder problems. Now they want to look at gallbladder!

Must Read Articles Related to Gallstones

Abdominal Pain (Adults)
Abdominal Pain in Adults Abdominal pain in adults can range from a mild stomach ache to severe pain. Examples of causes of abdominal pain in adults include learn more >>
Cirrhosis
Cirrhosis Cirrhosis is a scarring of the learn more >>
Pancreatitis
Pancreatitis Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas. There are two kinds of pancreatitis, acute and chronic. The primary causes of pancreatitis are alcohol and gallsto...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gallstones:

Gallstones - Symptoms

For gallstones, what were the symptoms and signs you experienced?

Gallstones - Treatment

What was the treatment for your gallstones?