Viewer Comments: Ganglion Cyst - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ganglion Cyst:

Ganglion Cyst - Treatment

Please describe the treatment for your ganglion cyst.

Comment from: MASTER YETS, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 05

I am 32. I never had ganglion cysts until the last few years. I probably got them after a skateboarding fall in which I thought I was lucky not to have broken my wrist. I started to wear wristbands that my girlfriend gave me. I started rocking them over my cyst and accidentally wore it to bed. I noticed that my cyst had gone down basically disappeared. I have to been wearing them just to be sure but the big old bump that used to be on my wrist that bugged my when scrubbing, or doing push-ups, and everything else is gone now. I tried to pop it by squeezing with no results and I noticed it to be more aggravated. I stumbled on to something people might want to try. Gone! No doctor visit needed.

Comment from: 44 gym rat, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 05

I have had two on my left ankle and just recently had it return for a third time. I am going to elect to have it aspirated and injected with a steroid. Thank goodness I play basketball with an orthopedic surgeon three times a week.

Must Read Articles Related to Ganglion Cyst

Cyst (Cysts)
Cyst Cyst (cysts) are abnormal sac-like structures that can occur anywhere in the body. Examples of cysts include: ovarian cysts, sebaceous cyst, ganglion cyst, pilo...learn more >>
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a scanner that takes cross-sectional images of the body. It is used to evaluate tissues of the head, neck, chest, limbs, abd...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ganglion Cyst:

Ganglion Cyst - Causes

What was the cause of your ganglion cyst?

Ganglion Cyst - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your ganglion cyst?

Ganglion Cyst - Diagnosis

How was your ganglion cyst diagnosed?