Viewer Comments: Ganglion Cyst - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ganglion Cyst:

Ganglion Cyst - Treatment

Please describe the treatment for your ganglion cyst.

Comment from: momoffourdolls, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I was in a minor car accident in October, a couple of days later; my wrist started aching really bad. I figured it was the after effects of the accident. It's now January and I have 3 bumps on the inside of my wrist which ache on/off. I was told they are ganglion Cysts. I don't have insurance though.

Comment from: Kyle, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I received the aspiration treatment for a ganglion cyst on the top of my wrist, and was finished draining the cyst within 10 mins. Very little pain was involved, after the treatment I had minor stiffness in my wrist.

Comment from: katie, Published: July 06

It was three years ago and I had, had a cyst return to the palm of my hand for the second time I had it removed with acupuncture and it's been three years. I have just been told I have one on the bottom of my foot going to try acupuncture again.

Comment from: rysgma, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have the cyst on the top left of my right foot for quite some time now. The doctor froze it and drained it, but it came back. It's back in the same spot and I am going in for a second opinion to another foot doctor tomorrow. It has no pain, but sure doesn't look good on the top of my foot and everyone seems to notice it, especially in the summer months with sandals on my feet. Hope I can get it broke again and never appears again, but I think that's wishful thinking.

Comment from: farmgirl07, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I am a 54-year-old female. I have had a dime-size "bubble" on the top of my knee cap for several months. The doctor looked at it today and diagnosed it as a ganglion cyst and said not to worry about it unless it grows or becomes painful. It has never caused me any pain, just worried me as to what it was.

Must Read Articles Related to Ganglion Cyst

Cyst (Cysts)
Cyst Cyst (cysts) are abnormal sac-like structures that can occur anywhere in the body. Examples of cysts include: ovarian cysts, sebaceous cyst, ganglion cyst, pilo...learn more >>
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a scanner that takes cross-sectional images of the body. It is used to evaluate tissues of the head, neck, chest, limbs, abd...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ganglion Cyst:

Ganglion Cyst - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your ganglion cyst?

Ganglion Cyst - Diagnosis

How was your ganglion cyst diagnosed?

Ganglion Cyst - Causes

What was the cause of your ganglion cyst?