Viewer Comments: Ganglion Cyst - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ganglion Cyst:

Ganglion Cyst - Treatment

Please describe the treatment for your ganglion cyst.

Comment from: MASTER YETS, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 05

I am 32. I never had ganglion cysts until the last few years. I probably got them after a skateboarding fall in which I thought I was lucky not to have broken my wrist. I started to wear wristbands that my girlfriend gave me. I started rocking them over my cyst and accidentally wore it to bed. I noticed that my cyst had gone down basically disappeared. I have to been wearing them just to be sure but the big old bump that used to be on my wrist that bugged my when scrubbing, or doing push-ups, and everything else is gone now. I tried to pop it by squeezing with no results and I noticed it to be more aggravated. I stumbled on to something people might want to try. Gone! No doctor visit needed.

Comment from: 44 gym rat, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 05

I have had two on my left ankle and just recently had it return for a third time. I am going to elect to have it aspirated and injected with a steroid. Thank goodness I play basketball with an orthopedic surgeon three times a week.

Comment from: Durango, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I had a ganglion cyst on the outside top of my right foot (right below my ankle) in 2007. It took a whole year to recover from the surgery because the cyst was so deep. I finally recuperated from the surgery, by the site is still very tender. Well, two weeks ago, I discovered that another cyst has formed right below the site of the previous cyst!

Comment from: Mimi, 55-64 Female Published: March 24

I have a marble sized bump on the inside of my right wrist. Dr. said it was a ganglion cyst. She says to do nothing it will eventually go away. I have had at least two others in the same spot, but none have lasted as long or hurt as much as this one. I am almost incapable of performing any task with my right hand and wrist.

Must Read Articles Related to Ganglion Cyst

Cyst (Cysts)
Cyst Cyst (cysts) are abnormal sac-like structures that can occur anywhere in the body. Examples of cysts include: ovarian cysts, sebaceous cyst, ganglion cyst, pilo...learn more >>
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a scanner that takes cross-sectional images of the body. It is used to evaluate tissues of the head, neck, chest, limbs, abd...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Ganglion Cyst:

Ganglion Cyst - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your ganglion cyst?

Ganglion Cyst - Diagnosis

How was your ganglion cyst diagnosed?

Ganglion Cyst - Causes

What was the cause of your ganglion cyst?