When to Seek Medical Care
Consult a health-care provider immediately if the following signs develop:
- An area of the body turns blue or black.
- A wound does not heal in seven to14 days.
- Pain in a localized area is severe.
- Unexplained fever is persistent.
- Pus or blood drains
from the wound.
- A foul-smelling odor discharges from the wound.
Must Read Articles Related to Gangrene
Diabetic Foot Care
Read about diabetic foot care. Causes of foot problems in people with diabetes include footwear, nerve damage, poor circulation, trauma, infections, and smoking...learn more >>
Peripheral Vascular Disease
The circulatory system consists of 2 types of blood vessels: arteries and veins. These are tubular structures that carry the blood throughout the body.learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gangrene: