Patient Comments Read 22 Comments
Gastritis, an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach, is not a single disease. Rather, gastritis is a condition that has many causes. Common to all people with gastritis is pain or discomfort in the upper part of the belly (abdomen), also called dyspepsia.
Gastritis can be a brief and sudden illness (acute gastritis), a longer-lasting condition (chronic gastritis), or a special condition, perhaps as part of another medical illness.
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Gastritis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis:
Gastritis - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your gastritis?
Gastritis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with gastritis.
Gastritis - Treatments
What treatment has been effective for your gastritis?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?