IN THIS ARTICLE
Most people recover from gastritis. Depending on the many factors that affect the stomach lining, gastritis symptoms may flare-up from time to time. Overall, gastritis is generally a common, mildly troubling ailment that responds well to simple treatments.
On occasion, rare forms of gastritis can be serious or even life-threatening. Severe, ongoing symptoms or internal bleeding should alert a health care practitioner to search for a more serious underlying cause.
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Gastritis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis:
Gastritis - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your gastritis?
Gastritis - Treatments
What treatment has been effective for your gastritis?
Gastritis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with gastritis.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?