IN THIS ARTICLE
Patient Comments Read 7 Comments
Once the diagnosis of gastritis has been confirmed by a medical professional, treatment can begin. The choice of treatment depends to some extent on the cause of the gastritis. Some treatments target the exact cause of a particular type of gastritis. Most treatments aim at reducing symptoms. The patient's stomach often will heal over time if the underlying cause is identified and corrected.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/7/2014
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Gastritis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis:
Gastritis - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your gastritis?
Gastritis - Describe Your Experience
Please describe your experience with gastritis.
Gastritis - Treatments
What treatment has been effective for your gastritis?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu