Gastritis Medical Treatment
The safest treatment is to avoid substances that trigger gastritis symptoms.
- Almost all health care practitioners would recommend this
as the first step in preventing gastritis.
- First, the patient has to identify the triggers of gastritis.
- Most people are aware of their triggers
before seeking medical care.
- If a person does not know what triggers their gastritis, a health care
practitioner can assist them in determining the triggers.
Common avoidable triggers of gastritis symptoms include the following. See
the "Causes" for a more complete list.
- Certain medications and chemicals
- Cigarette smoking
- Coffee and other beverages that contain caffeine, such as cola and tea
Must Read Articles Related to Gastritis
Alcohol problems vary in severity from mild to life threatening and affect the individual, the person's family, and society in numerous adverse ways. Despite al...learn more >>
Gastrointestinal bleeding either comes from the upper GI or lower GI tract. Upper GI bleeding can be caused by ulcers, gastritis, varices, cancer, or inflammati...learn more >>
With the procedure known as gastrointestinal endoscopy, a doctor is able to see the inside lining of your digestive tract. This examination is performed using a...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis: