Viewer Comments: Gastritis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis:

Gastritis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with gastritis?

Comment from: jelly bean, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

My gastritis symptoms started with severe stomach pain between my belly button and my diaphragm. It was intense and lasted for over 5 hours without medication.

Comment from: Gig, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 10

My gastritis started with a normal case of indigestion but it wouldn't/didn't go away. At the same time I started having middle back pain that really curtailed activity. After a week it started to wake me up at night; burning, fiery pain that one time went away with a strong pain reliever, but the pink stuff didn't touch it. Eating is not at all interesting to me and I've lost five pounds in a week. That part's not bad!

Comment from: CW, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 04

I get full easily after eating normal portions because of gastritis. I am not able to hydrate as much as I used to (3 to 4 liters a day down to less than 1). I have pain between ribs when stretching and running, intolerance to alcohol, and general core weakness; no sensation of strength from middle when biking long stretches of hills or inclines. Occasionally I have nausea, no appetite, dizzy/faint feeling; not the usual focus/alertness, and aches and pains in lower to mid back and shoulder area. I have frequent feeling of gas trapped in stomach, burping a lot, etc., and no tolerance for dairy products. I fatigue early and go to bed earlier than normal.

Comment from: Vagirl53, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

With my gastritis I have pain in the upper stomach and severe pain in my back. It seems to radiate from my stomach and around under my right armpit to the back. I also look like I am 8 months pregnant, I am very bloated. I had a Nissen surgery a couple years ago and the doctor told me I would not have to worry about gastritis again, man is he ever wrong! I am in so much pain.

Comment from: yasagi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I have had bleeding after food, wonder if gastritis can cause it.

Comment from: jonesy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have been diagnosed with gastritis and H. pylori. I'm having severe aches and pain under my right rib cage going into my back.

Comment from: blueeyes, Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I had a gnawing pain on right side like something is under the rib cage. I was also belching a lot and I had a gurgling sound in my gut.

Must Read Articles Related to Gastritis

Alcoholism
Alcoholism Alcohol problems vary in severity from mild to life threatening and affect the individual, the person's family, and society in numerous adverse ways. Signs of a...learn more >>
Gastrointestinal Bleeding (GI)
Gastrointestinal Bleeding Gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding either comes from the upper GI or lower GI tract. Upper GI bleeding can be caused by ulcers, gastritis, varices, cancer, or infla...learn more >>
Endoscopy
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy With the procedure known as gastrointestinal endoscopy, a doctor is able to see the inside lining of your digestive tract. This examination is performed using a...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis:

Gastritis - Causes

If known, what caused your case of gastritis?

Gastritis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with gastritis.

Gastritis - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your gastritis?