Viewer Comments: Gastritis - Describe Your Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis:

Gastritis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with gastritis.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I have an inflammed and hardened stomach; shortness of breath and mild chest pains

Comment from: diva, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

After eating a hot curry, I regurgitated food and was in pain from my ribcage to under my shoulder blade. After five days, I went and saw a doctor who sent me in for an ultrasound for suspected gallstones. Everything came back fine. Now I'm awaiting another diagnosis when I go to see doctor tomorrow. Taking Zantac and Mylanta give me some relief, but the symptoms are there all the time.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 07

I first started with feeling bloated and felt the sensation of being full at nights only. I was diagnosed with H pylori and took antibiotics. I was under control with Nexium once daily for about 2 years, but suddenly I started feeling nauseous, the sensation of fullness only at nights and feel like if food will come up. I had the endoscopy done, blood work and ultra sound. Endoscopy showed I have gastritis, blood work was fine (H pylori was not an issue, since it can come back) and ultra sound (no gall stones). I was better the following month taking ranitidine twice daily. Two months after I have symptoms again, nauseous, burping and feel full at night. Maybe is that I drink coffee everyday, or maybe because I'm on birth control pill. Who knows what it is now. I will see a doctor again. I'm thinking I need to be on a strict diet.

Must Read Articles Related to Gastritis

Alcoholism
Alcoholism Alcohol problems vary in severity from mild to life threatening and affect the individual, the person's family, and society in numerous adverse ways. Signs of a...learn more >>
Gastrointestinal Bleeding (GI)
Gastrointestinal Bleeding Gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding either comes from the upper GI or lower GI tract. Upper GI bleeding can be caused by ulcers, gastritis, varices, cancer, or infla...learn more >>
Endoscopy
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy With the procedure known as gastrointestinal endoscopy, a doctor is able to see the inside lining of your digestive tract. This examination is performed using a...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastritis:

Gastritis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with gastritis?

Gastritis - Causes

If known, what caused your case of gastritis?

Gastritis - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your gastritis?