IN THIS ARTICLE
Parasites and Protozoans (Giardia, Cryptosporidium)
These tiny organisms are less frequently responsible for intestinal irritation. A person may become infected by one of these by drinking contaminated water. Swimming pools are common places to come in contact with these parasites. Common parasites include
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 2/15/2013
Must Read Articles Related to Gastroenteritis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu):
Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu) - Causes
What caused your Stomach Flu?
Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu) - Symptoms
How long did the symptoms of your gastroenteritis (stomach flu) last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?
Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu) - Treatment
What treatment was effective for your gastroenteritis (stomach flu)?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?