Gastrointestinal Bleeding (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Gastrointestinal Bleeding Self-Care at Home
There is no home care for heavy gastrointestinal bleeding. A person should to a hospital's emergency department if they have heavy gastrointestinal bleeding. For hemorrhoids or anal fissures, a diet high in fiber and fluids to keep stools soft may be helpful.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/10/2014
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Gastrointestinal Bleeding:
Gastrointestinal Bleeding - Causes
What was the cause of your gastrointestinal bleeding?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu