Viewer Comments: Genital Herpes - Symptoms and Signs

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Herpes:

Genital Herpes - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with genital herpes?

Comment from: mrsjayc, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I have only had 1 outbreak, but it seemed quite severe. I had several blisters/lesions on the inner labia of my vagina. The lesions are very painful and took about 2 weeks to go away. It has been 2 months since the first outbreak and I have had nothing else to report since then. Even when my stress levels were high, no signs of an outbreak. (which is great, because my hubby does NOT have the virus.. and we are dealing with understanding the HOW I could have gotten this.)

Comment from: alijewel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

Normally a week before the vaginal blisters appear, the skin on my left leg all the way to the top of my thigh and upper buttock tingles and is very sensitive. I now have outbreaks every months which co-inside with my period. So I only seem to be symptom free for approx 2 weeks every month now. My first outbreak was 12 months ago.

Must Read Articles Related to Genital Herpes

Cervicitis
Cervicitis Cervicitis is an infection of the lower genital tract (inflammation of the cervix). Cervicitis may be caused by STD's or injuries to the cervix. Cervicitis symp...learn more >>
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are among the most common infectious diseases in the United States. STDs can be spread through any type of sexual activity ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Herpes:

Genital Herpes - Treatment

What were effective treatments for your genital herpes?