Viewer Comments: Genital Warts - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Warts (HPV Infection):

Genital Warts - Causes

What caused your genital warts?

Comment from: lisa, Female Published: August 15

I'm 28. I suffered with genital warts for a month. It was tiny but I don't think it's normal. I went to the doctor and had my pap smear and I was diagnosed with human papillomavirus. I'm working in Kuwait and I'm engaged to an American. The doctor gave me a medication. I told my fiance bout the STD and he said he doesn't care, that he loves me and we're getting married!

Must Read Articles Related to Genital Warts

Anal Itching
Anal Itching Anal itching is a common problem experienced by both men and women. Examples of causes of anal itching include irritants such as perfumes, chemicals, or dyes in...learn more >>
Cervical Cancer
Cervical Cancer Cervical cancer can be cured if it is detected and treated early. Risk factors for cervical cancer include HPV infection, smoking, oral contraceptive use, and h...learn more >>
Cervicitis
Cervicitis Cervicitis is an infection of the lower genital tract (inflammation of the cervix). Cervicitis may be caused by STD's or injuries to the cervix. Cervicitis symp...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Warts (HPV Infection):

Genital Warts (HPV Infection) - Treatment

What were effective treatments for your genital warts?

Genital Warts - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with genital warts?

Genital Warts - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting a genital warts?

From WebMD