Viewer Comments: Genital Warts (HPV Infection) - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Warts (HPV Infection):

Genital Warts (HPV Infection) - Treatment

What were effective treatments for your genital warts?

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 25

I had no idea. I thought it was simply a mole, but I knew it was new. I found out that I had genital warts and I was 2 months pregnant when I found out. I'm told that my hormones are causing the warts to grow faster than normal, and that they will grow even more if I mess with them. I can't get rid of them until after the baby is born. I'm scared that they are going to infect my birth canal.

Comment from: poppie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I first got genital warts when I was 19 they spread on my vaginal opening. The doctor suggested that I didn't need laser treatment but either way they went ahead with it. The warts disappeared completely! One appeared again after some months and my mom got me treatment from some doctor though he made it clear that they might come back again so my mom has to pray they don't. Well I took the treatment and they started fading on their own and I haven't had them for years now.

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I have found out today that I have hpv and got warts because of it. They burned them today with acid and I have to go back in a week to do it again. I have had them for years now but never had the money to go and get them checked out now that I have I am worried the warts will always come back.

Must Read Articles Related to Genital Warts

Anal Itching
Anal Itching Anal itching is a common problem experienced by both men and women. Examples of causes of anal itching include irritants such as perfumes, chemicals, or dyes in...learn more >>
Cervical Cancer
Cervical Cancer Cervical cancer can be cured if it is detected and treated early. Risk factors for cervical cancer include HPV infection, smoking, oral contraceptive use, and h...learn more >>
Cervicitis
Cervicitis Cervicitis is an infection of the lower genital tract (inflammation of the cervix). Cervicitis may be caused by STD's or injuries to the cervix. Cervicitis symp...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Genital Warts (HPV Infection):

Genital Warts - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with genital warts?

Genital Warts - Causes

What caused your genital warts?

Genital Warts - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting genital warts?