IN THIS ARTICLE
TThe American Academy of Pediatrics recommends for daycare outbreaks that all employees and children improve their hand washing techniques and sanitation. All children, workers, and family members with symptoms of giardiasis should be treated. Children and staff members should be kept away from the center until they no longer have symptoms.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/16/2012
Betsy P Schrader, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Giardiasis
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?