IN THIS ARTICLE
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends for daycare outbreaks that all employees and children improve their hand washing techniques and sanitation. All children, workers, and family members with symptoms of giardiasis should be treated. Children and staff members should be kept away from the center until they no longer have symptoms.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/15/2014
Betsy P Schrader, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Giardiasis
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu