Growth Hormone Deficiency (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Children and some adults with growth hormone deficiency will benefit from growth hormone therapy. The goals of treatment are to increase growth in children and restore energy, metabolism, and body composition. The doctor may prescribe growth hormone, also called somatropin (Humatrope, Genotropin). The drug is given as shots a few times a week that is injected underneath the fat of the patient’s skin.
Mohsen S Eledrisi, MD, FACP, FACE
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Growth Hormone Deficiency
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Growth Hormone Deficiency:
Growth Hormone Deficiency - Symptoms
What were your symptoms of growth hormone deficiency?
Women's Health Resources
- What's Triggering Your Migraines?
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?