Growth Hormone Deficiency Medications (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
What Causes Growth Hormone Deficiency?
Growth hormone deficiency may be congenital (an individual is born with the deficiency), or it may be acquired later in life. Congenital growth hormone deficiency may be caused by an abnormal pituitary gland, or it may be associated with other congenital syndromes. Acquired growth hormone deficiency may result from trauma, infections, pituitary and related tumors, radiation to the brain, brain cancer, or other diseases.
Mary L Windle, PharmD
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Women's Health Resources
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?