Growth Hormone Deficiency Medications (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Medical Treatment for Growth Hormone Deficiency
Depending on the specific deficiency, growth hormone (GH) or growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) may be prescribed by a doctor specializing in growth hormone deficiency (an endocrinologist). If other pituitary deficiencies are present, they may need to be treated first in order for GH replacement therapy to be effective.
Mary L Windle, PharmD
Arthur B Chausmer, MD, PhD, FACP, FACE, FACN, CNS
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
George T Griffing, MD
Women's Health Resources
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?