Font Size

Guillain-Barre Syndrome (cont.)

When to Seek Medical Care

If you think you may have symptoms of this condition, call your doctor for an evaluation.

If you lose feeling in an arm or a leg or feel that your arm or leg has become weak, this is a medical emergency. Go to a hospital's emergency department. This may be the sign of a stroke.

Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/23/2014
Medical Author:
Medical Editor:
Medical Editor:
Medical Editor:

NIH talks about Ebola on WebMD

Read What Your Physician is Reading on Medscape

Guillain-Barre Syndrome in Childhood »

Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS), or acute inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (AIDP), is characterized by progressive motor weakness and areflexia.

Read More on Medscape Reference »

Medical Dictionary