Viewer Comments: Guttate Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Guttate Psoriasis:

Guttate Psoriasis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your guttate psoriasis?

Comment from: Mrs. Calles, 3-6 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

My sons both have had strep in the last two weeks and now it appear that they have guttate psoriasis.

Comment from: Cherry, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I am 42, and have just been diagnosed with guttate psoriasis. It is on my legs, arms, back, chest and stomach. I have been prescribed shower/ bath lotions and creams. I recently had a sore throat and was prescribed antibiotics which cleared the throat straight away, however it turns out I had Streptococcal, which is the reason for these unsightly lumps. I am going to contact a specialist tomorrow to arrange an appointment to get as much info as possible and hopefully start action to get rid of these horrible things by the summer.

Comment from: Sandi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

After contracting a sore throat even though I have had my tonsils removed two weeks later spots started appearing on my wrists first then my back and legs and then eventually all over my body small scales then appeared on some areas it is very itchy at first visit to the doctor he thought it was a allergic reaction to something but on my return today he said it was gutters psoriasis the moment feeling very low as my plaque psoriasis has flared up really bad also and I'm wondering how long all this will last.

Comment from: Katgall, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I started with Strep throat, 2 weeks later I had a large abscess which cleared up with antibiotics, the spots or Psoriasis appeared around the same time, I now over a month later am have a mild case, but every day I have more of it. I read that it is normally in people under 30 and with a history of strep, this was my first time with strep and I am 50.

Comment from: sylvia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

It started with a very severe sore throat. My neck glands were swollen and painful. I didn't go to the doctors but now wished I had as I may have prevented this awful rash which started in a cluster on my neck and look like shingles. Overnight the rash spread over my body and started to itch. I am now on a course of antibiotics and bathing in Aveeno bath powders followed by Aveeno lotion to help relieve the irritation. I have suffered from small breakouts of psoriasis in the past but they usually clear up quickly. I seem to get these breakouts when run down or stressed. I do hope it doesn't spread to my face as I am a full time skin care consultant working in a high-end facility.

Must Read Articles Related to Guttate Psoriasis

Psoriasis
Psoriasis Psoriasis is a common and chronic skin disorder that affects 1%-2% of people in the U.S. Symptoms and signs include red, raised, scaly areas on the skin that ma...learn more >>
Pustular Psoriasis
Pustular Psoriasis Pustular psoriasis is an uncommon form of psoriasis. People with pustular psoriasis have clearly defined, raised bumps on the skin that are filled with pus (pus...learn more >>
Types of Psoriasis
Types of Psoriasis Psoriasis is a chronic disease of the skin that affects approximately 5.5 million people in the United States. Typical characteristics of psoriasis are red, dry...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Guttate Psoriasis:

Guttate Psoriasis - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your guttate psoriasis?