Viewer Comments: Guttate Psoriasis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Guttate Psoriasis:

Guttate Psoriasis - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your guttate psoriasis?

Comment from: mandymarie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis last summer after having strep throat. This disease covered 90% of my body. The only spots it didn't spread was my face and my neck. During the six-week wait to see a dermatologist, I did some research to find out that the vitamin B in the sun's rays have been known to cure the rash. After no amounts of medication (internally and externally) were working, I thought I'd give the sun a try. After hours/days in the sun, the rash was gone! Every little piece of it! It has been almost A year since my breakout!

Comment from: jess620, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

I suddenly broke out in guttate psoriasis about a month ago after a bad case of strep throat. It started as a weird bumpy rash and eventually spread out into flat red circles with dry scales on top. After seeing the dermatologist and a family doctor, I got a round of antibiotics, topical steroids, Prednisone and slathering on Cerave moisturizing cream for weeks. I am finally seeing results. They aren't kidding about this being a slow healing process. It has taken the whole month for them to fade to pink. I am hoping this is something I will never deal with again it really is awful and ruins your self-confidence.

Comment from: Mimsy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I have psoriasis on my scalp pretty badly. I used the Shielo Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo and in 3 days there were no flakes or itchiness at all!! I have tried so many shampoos for this problem that I have lost count. I think that it smells very herbal like incense or something similar. I have been able to use the Shielo Hydrate Shampoo daily with no drying out of my hair or scalp. I've also been able to skip it for a couple days and use a different shampoo and the flakiness/itch hasn't returned. The Hydrate Conditioner is a must as well!!

Comment from: Devonmaid4, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I am a woman of 58 and first developed guttate psoriasis 5 years ago ... but I have suffered with heat rash for as long as I can remember .I have been having UVB narrow band light treatment every year since then to keep both the heat rash and guttate at bay and it has been very successful.

I broke out with guttate psoriasis after receiving a shingles vaccine. I've always had outbreaks of plaque psoriasis, but never experienced anything like this. It showed up on my legs and backs of the hands. Recently, I've exposed it to the sun, and the UV rays have helped to dry it up, but there is significant scarring, which I'm hoping fades with time.

Comment from: Jonelle, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 10

I suddenly was covered with guttate psoriasis at 21. It really freaked me out. People would ask me if I had chicken pox. 65% of my body was covered. The Clobex thing is true. I didn't have health insurance and my doctor, after trying the cheaper medications that didn't work, looked at me and said spend $200.00 bucks on this (4oz bottle) and if you can get a little bit of sun you should be fine. I was actually headed on vacation to DC. Within two weeks I was clear! Clobex is a life saver. At 22 years old, I was finally cute again. I was CLEAR! Six years later, I still have psoriasis and I am okay with it now. Now it's only on my elbows and shins.

Comment from: Jenn, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

Psoriasis runs in the family. I spontaneously developed scalp psoriasis and what is obviously guttate psoriasis about a year ago. The only thing that works is Clobex spray but it's pricey and I go through it quickly since my "spots" run from my knees up to my chest.

Comment from: Rockliegh, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I was recently diagnosed with guttate psoriasis I am now 63 years old. As a child I suffered from tonsillitis from 7 to 21. At 21, I had the worst attack and have never suffered from it again until now.

Must Read Articles Related to Guttate Psoriasis

Psoriasis
Psoriasis Psoriasis is a common and chronic skin disorder that affects 1%-2% of people in the U.S. Symptoms and signs include red, raised, scaly areas on the skin that ma...learn more >>
Pustular Psoriasis
Pustular Psoriasis Pustular psoriasis is an uncommon form of psoriasis. People with pustular psoriasis have clearly defined, raised bumps on the skin that are filled with pus (pus...learn more >>
Types of Psoriasis
Types of Psoriasis Psoriasis is a chronic disease of the skin that affects approximately 5.5 million people in the United States. Typical characteristics of psoriasis are red, dry...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Guttate Psoriasis:

Guttate Psoriasis - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your guttate psoriasis?