Hair Loss (cont.)
What Symptoms and Signs May Accompany Hair Loss?
- Most people notice hair loss when looking at themselves in a mirror or when it is brought to their attention by others.
- You may also find many hairs on your pillow in the morning or in your hairbrush or comb.
- A woman may notice a decrease in the size of her ponytail or the widening of her part.
When Should Someone Seek Medical Care for Hair Loss?
- If you have hair loss, you may want to see a doctor to evaluate if there are any medical reasons for the hair loss and to evaluate if any therapies are available for you.
- See your doctor if you are losing large amounts of hair every day and if you are not feeling well at the same time you are losing hair.
- Most often hair loss occurs without other signs of illness.
- If the following symptoms occur at the same time as hair loss, you may have a serious medical condition and you should see a doctor right away.
There is no reason to seek emergency medical care for hair loss.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 11/22/2016
Must Read Articles Related to Hair Loss
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hair Loss: