Viewer Comments: Head Injury - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury):

Head Injury - Cause

Please describe the cause and outcome of your Head Injury.

Comment from: clumbsy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I tripped and fell hitting a concrete porch, face first. I think my lips, chin area hit first, but realized I had a golf-ball sized knot on my forehead. three days later, my left eye is swollen, black, and red.

Comment from: Searcher, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 22

I fell in the shower and hit my head severely. That was five days ago. my right eye still hurts if I look left right up or down without turning my head. I took an extra hard hit on that side of my forehead. I also have a black eye. I fear my eye could be damaged.

Comment from: 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: February 19

At about 7:20 this morning I was lying in a chair half-awake, half-asleep when I heard a loud crash and realized that the chair had fallen over backwards and I had hit my head on a wood and metal counter in back of me. From what I remember, the upper right area of my head hit the counter. I have a slight fever, I feel tired, and I am getting minor headache sensations on the right side of my head every few minutes.

Comment from: MADD, Female (Patient) Published: January 28

I was in an 18-wheelertruck accident and we turned over on my side. I hit my head on the window and my sun glasses cut my eye just below my eye brow my whole face was bruised. Where I hit my head was numb I asked the doctor if it was normal she said yes could take 6 to 8 weeks. I am going to the doctor tomorrow my head is still numb and I am now getting severe headaches. It's now been 3 months being a truck driver I can't have headaches like this!

Comment from: Marshall, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

Hi, about 2.5 years ago while I was at work, there were 5 or 6 electrical contractors working above our lunch room putting new electric cables in. One of the contractors fell through the ceiling and brought a big chunk of ceiling down on to me. It hit me on the head, neck, and top of the shoulders. It also slammed my head into the table where I was sitting. I momentarily blacked out. I received severe head and deep tissue injuries that I still haven't recovered from. One of the side effects that I noticed was that some of my teeth started to crack, and eventually have fallen out since the accident.

Comment from: Jen, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I feel while roller skating and hit my head very hard. I lost consciousness for about a minute and immediately had a knot the size of a baseball on the back of my head. That was 24 hours ago. My head still really hurts, my neck is terribly sore.

Comment from: jade1, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I hurt my temple in a work-related injury. I have a concussion and at first the doctors told me that I just had some soft tissue damage. I started to vomit and I had difficulty walking. When I went to my private doctor to get a second look, I was rushed to the ER and diagnosed with a concussion. I'm still experiencing migraine headaches and I am on medications for them, but they don't seem to help. I'm still searching to get better.

Comment from: Andrea, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I have a hatch back trunk, and one of the shocks on my trunk was bad. I didn't know this until the trunk fell on my head. This hurt so badly. I was dizzy for about two-three hours. This happened to me about a month ago. Since then, I have experienced dizziness, blurred vision, repetitive head ache, and bad circulation (feet and hands turning blue). I thought this would go away, but it's really bothering me. I have decided to see my doctor this week, and I pray the outcome is not bad.

Comment from: tammy, Female Published: January 11

I slipped on ice and hit my head hard on the cement. My nose is purple and draining. I don't feel sick or anything, I just look like Tyson hit me.

Comment from: bev, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

As an outcome of a head injury, I can not remember films or people's names. Sometimes I forget the stove is on and I have left the bath running. It has affected my family life and my relationship with my husband.

Must Read Articles Related to Head Injury

Alcohol Intoxication
Alcohol Intoxication

Alcohol intoxication is defined as when the quantity of alcohol the person consumes produces behavioral or physical abnormalities. Alcohol is the generic ...learn more >>

Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets
Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets Wearing a helmet while bicycle riding, motorcycle riding, or skiing can prevent severe head trauma and disabilities. Wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of a s...learn more >>
Bicycle Safety
Bicycle Safety Bicycling is a common means of transportation as well as an increasingly popular source of recreation, exercise, and sport. With more than 100 million bicycle o...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury):

Head Injury - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for your head injury?

Head Injury - Tests

What tests were performed for your head injury?