Viewer Comments: Head Injury - Cause

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury):

Head Injury - Cause

Please describe the cause and outcome of your Head Injury.

Comment from: jade1, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I hurt my temple in a work-related injury. I have a concussion and at first the doctors told me that I just had some soft tissue damage. I started to vomit and I had difficulty walking. When I went to my private doctor to get a second look, I was rushed to the ER and diagnosed with a concussion. I'm still experiencing migraine headaches and I am on medications for them, but they don't seem to help. I'm still searching to get better.

Comment from: Andrea, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I have a hatch back trunk, and one of the shocks on my trunk was bad. I didn't know this until the trunk fell on my head. This hurt so badly. I was dizzy for about two-three hours. This happened to me about a month ago. Since then, I have experienced dizziness, blurred vision, repetitive head ache, and bad circulation (feet and hands turning blue). I thought this would go away, but it's really bothering me. I have decided to see my doctor this week, and I pray the outcome is not bad.

Comment from: tammy, Female Published: January 11

I slipped on ice and hit my head hard on the cement. My nose is purple and draining. I don't feel sick or anything, I just look like Tyson hit me.

Comment from: bev, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

As an outcome of a head injury, I can not remember films or people's names. Sometimes I forget the stove is on and I have left the bath running. It has affected my family life and my relationship with my husband.

Comment from: Joe, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 29

I'm a 45 year old male who suffered a depressed Skull Fracture my senior year in high school. I have lived a lifetime with this horrible head injury and I don't think there's any way out. I have 3 children and a wife. I lack motivation. I think too deeply. I cannot keep up conversation. I find myself acting sometimes on impulse. I CANNOT KEEP A JOB.

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: December 11

While attempting to jump down the stairs, I hit my head on the corner of a soffit. Then I hit the back of my head on the steps. Witnesses told me I then had a seizure. I had stitches for the gash on top of my head. I didn't remember much and felt bad for a few days after the accident, but never had another seizure. This happened on my 13th birthday. I am now an adult.

Comment from: MadisonsMessenger, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 25

One month ago 18/10/09 my granddaughter fell down 5 steps hitting her head on ceramic floor, within the hour parents had her at the ER she was vomiting and drowsy, and her speech was slurred when she was questioned by a nurse. The ER doctor discharges her an hour and a half later with HI sheet of symptoms she had 3 of the 6 already. Five hours later my daughter brings Madi back to ER unconscious and still vomiting. A CT reveals large epidural hematoma and linear fracture in skull, her brain was swelling and she was put on life support an hour after her second arrival. She was airlifted to McMaster Children's Hospital for emergency brain surgery. The three-hour surgery that saved her life, but it left her with a titanium plate and 4 screws in her skull. She has an incision from her hairline down the back of her head to just above her right ear. The negligence of the ER sending a 4 yr old home with a near fatal head injury after just a short observation sounds like a lawsuit to me.

Comment from: JMH, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 09

My husband received a closed head injury 13 months ago. He has mild to severe headaches every day. When the headaches are severe, his balance is bad and he falls sometimes. It has gone on long enough that he is getting depressed about always feeling bad. The medications help sometimes, but the headache never goes away.

Comment from: Mrs.Tlove, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

I can't quite figure out what to make of my head injury. I fell and hit the corner of an end table. I was instantly knocked out for a good while and I couldn't comprehend much. I could hear what people we saying to me but couldn't answer them right away. I have a good sized bump on my head after. Well it's been about a week and I still have a massive headache, and I only find it's getting worse. I still have the bump on the back of my head too. I never went to the hospital because I thought it would go away. My symptoms include nausea, dizziness, fatigue, and sensitivity to light and sound.

Must Read Articles Related to Head Injury

Alcohol Intoxication
Alcohol Intoxication

Alcohol intoxication is defined as when the quantity of alcohol the person consumes produces behavioral or physical abnormalities. Alcohol is the generic ...learn more >>

Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets
Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets Wearing a helmet while bicycle riding, motorcycle riding, or skiing can prevent severe head trauma and disabilities. Wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of a s...learn more >>
Bicycle Safety
Bicycle Safety Bicycling is a common means of transportation as well as an increasingly popular source of recreation, exercise, and sport. With more than 100 million bicycle o...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury):

Head Injury - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for your head injury?

Head Injury (Brain Injury) - Symptoms

What are your experience with delays symptoms of brain injury?

Head Injury - Tests

What tests were performed for your head injury?