Viewer Comments: Head Injury - Tests

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury):

Head Injury - Tests

What tests were performed for your head injury?

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I fell and hit my head on a cement floor ice was applied, but a huge goose egg formed, and my blood pressure went sky high. I was carried by ambulance to our local hospital. I was given a scat test, and no blood was bleeding in my brain. But I continued to have severe pain and blood pressure soaring. So I was given several pain medications to help with the pain and bring down my pressure. After about five hours in ER, I was released, but my pressure was still above normal when I left the hospital. And I am concerned whether my heart could have been injured due to the extremely high pressure. I am 87, but feeling all right since I fell.

Comment from: julie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

I was in my bedroom, and fell hard onto the floor, and went down on my left eye. I even got a rug burn from it. I did not go to the hospital, and all I have done since is sleep. I hit my eyebrow bone real hard.

Must Read Articles Related to Head Injury

Alcohol Intoxication
Alcohol Intoxication

Alcohol intoxication is defined as when the quantity of alcohol the person consumes produces behavioral or physical abnormalities. Alcohol is the generic ...learn more >>

Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets
Bicycle and Motorcycle Helmets Wearing a helmet while bicycle riding, motorcycle riding, or skiing can prevent severe head trauma and disabilities. Wearing a helmet can reduce the risk of a s...learn more >>
Bicycle Safety
Bicycle Safety Bicycling is both a common form of recreation and transportation, which means it's important to remain safe through wearing protective gear like helmets and obe...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Head Injury (Brain Injury):

Head Injury - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for your head injury?

Head Injury - Cause

Please describe the cause and outcome of your Head Injury.

Head Injury (Brain Injury) - Symptoms

What is your experience with delayed symptoms of brain injury?