Viewer Comments: Heart Rhythm Disorders - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Heart Rhythm Disorders (Arrhythmias):

Heart Rhythm Disorders - Symptoms

What are your heart rhythm disorder symptoms?

Comment from: Gary, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 04

Since having open-heart surgery to repair a mitral valve (had progressed to mitral regurgitation) I have had many bouts of irregular heart beat including A-fib, flutter and ventricular tachycardia. I generally feel tired, have shortness of breath and can feel the thumping when leaning or laying on my left side. I had an ablation in early 2012 which stopped the symptoms, but in the past two months they have returned. I've been on Warfarin for two years.

Comment from: vg, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: September 12

With my heart rhythm disorder, I am suffering from shortness of breath; I'm tired all the time, I have chest pain and I have lost my appetite.

Must Read Articles Related to Heart Rhythm Disorders

Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
Atrial Fibrillation Atrial fibrillation (AFib) describes a rapid, irregular heart rhythm. The irregular rhythm, or arrhythmia, results from abnormal electrical impulses in the hear...learn more >>
Atrial Flutter
Atrial Flutter Atrial flutter is a type of arrythmia, that is, an irregularity in the beating of the heart. Atrial flutter is caused by as misfiring of electrical nerve impuls...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Heart Rhythm Disorders (Arrhythmias):

Heart Rhythm Disorders - Treatment

What was the treatment for your heart rhythm disorders?

Heart Rhythm Disorders: What Type of Disorder

Please describe what type of heart rhythm disorder you have.

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow