Viewer Comments: Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori):

Helicobacter Pylori - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your helicobacter pylori?

Comment from: Paralegal1, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

In May 2015 I was really tired, lethargic and bloated all the time. I was so constipated and miserable. I had been gluten free for 4 years by self-diagnosis. Finally, I went to a gastroenterologist. My blood work came back positive for Helicobacter pylori. The doctor said that H. pylori causes similar symptoms as gluten allergies. I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy which showed all of the internal inflammation and prior damage from the bacteria. It seemed to be dormant so there was no need for eradication, however the prescription acid reflux pills made me sick so I stopped that. Now I take probiotics and manuka honey and feel great. Try to avoid the prescription drugs. I have to go back for a check up to see if the bacteria is gone.

Comment from: Libby, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

My symptoms were: pain in right side and generally feeling sick. I also have pain in my bladder, gas, cramps and bloating.

Comment from: caroline, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I have just found out that I have h. pylori. I thought I had yeast infection due to the fact it's hard to tell h. pylori symptoms from a yeast infection because you have a white discharge from both of them.

Must Read Articles Related to Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori)

Abdominal Pain (Adults)
Abdominal Pain in Adults Abdominal pain in adults can range from a mild stomach ache to severe pain. Examples of causes of abdominal pain in adults include learn more >>
Abdominal Pain in Children
Abdominal Pain in Children Abdominal pain in children can range from trivial to life-threatening. Some possible causes of abdominal pain in children are: infections, food related (food al...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Helicobacter Pylori (H. pylori):

Helicobacter Pylori - Tests and Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your helicobacter pylori established?

Helicobacter Pylori - Treatment

What was the treatment for you Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)?